08182017Headline:

Indianapolis, Indiana

HomeIndianaIndianapolis

Email Staff Writer Staff Writer on LinkedIn Staff Writer on Twitter Staff Writer on Facebook
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Contributor •

Worksite Injury Victim Passes Away

Comments Off

A man injured in an electrical accident in August died at the hospital last week. Scott Shelton was working at a construction site for a Super Wal-Mart in Bloomington IN, when he was injured.

Shelton, an employee of Electromation Inc., in Muncie, was injured Aug. 26 after an electrical panel he and two other men were working on was charged with 12,000 volts of electricity and shorted. The resulting electrical arc — which extended six to eight feet — sparked a fire in the service room, lighting all three workers on fire.

A lawsuit has already been filed by another victim of the fire, and the Shelton family is preparing a suit of their own citing negligence of Wal-Mart, among others.